In my neck of the woods, it is getting warm and dry: fire season.
It is all too easy to start a fire by flicking a cigarette butt into dry grass or other tinder.
Several years ago, it was a rough fire year in Kamloops. We were surrounded by fires. Fortunately, they were not right close, but there was enough smoke in the air that visibility was very bad. It even overpowered the HVAC system at the end of one of the buildings at my alma mater.
Shortly after the air cleared up, I made a trip east. Near the village of Chase was a burnt patch. It looked as if someone had flicked a cigarette butt out of his vehicle and it had caught in the dry grass. The person who did so probably never knew what he had done.
Please do not do ready, aim, fire this fire season.